Highlands Law Firm is fundamentally concerned with protecting the Constitutional rights of all individuals, regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, ability, age or sexual orientation. This means representing individuals in complex litigation in state and federal courts. It also means counseling select public interest organizations that are advancing the cause of a free and open society.
When possible, Highlands Law Firm will resolve disputes through education, advocacy, and collaboration. But when working together proves too difficult, Highlands Law Firm welcomes the opportunity to file suit -- and fight for what is right.
Zachary D. Warren
Zach has extensive experience in complex civil litigation in both state and federal courts, including high-impact litigation against prisons, jails, cities, counties, law enforcement agencies, and Fortune 500 companies.
Zach graduated from the University of Florida, Frederic G. Levin School of Law, where he served as the Executive Articles Editor for the Florida Law Review, Board Member of the Florida Journal of International Law, and as a Senior Fellow for the Institute for Human Rights, Peace & Development. During law school, Zach also had the distinct privilege of working for the Honorable Timothy J. Corrigan and the Honorable Monte C. Richardson and volunteering substantial time to various legal aid organizations.
Before founding Highlands Law Firm, Zach worked with one of the preeminent law firms in the State of Florida on high-profile cases and then spent several years in research and consulting, advocating for mental health and substance use treatment -- instead of incarceration -- for individuals involved with the criminal justice system. Following his work in the consulting industry, Zach has devoted himself full-time to fighting for civil rights and supporting select organizations working towards social justice.
Activities & Affiliations
- Colorado Bar Association
- Vice-Chair, Civil Rights Section
- Colorado Lawyers Committee
- Secretary, Federal Litigation Committee
- Lawyers For Good Government
- Member, Colorado Leadership Council
- Lawyers' Civil Rights Coalition
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- Plaintiff Employment Law Association
- Denver Bar Association
- State of Colorado - Lic. #71074
- State of Florida - Lic. #49817
- United States District Court - Colorado
- Civil Pro Bono Panel
University of Florida, J.D.
- Florida Law Review,
- Executive Articles Editor
- Florida Journal of Int'l Law,
- Board Member
- Three Rivers Legal Services
- Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
University of Florida, B.A.
- Florida Academic Scholar
- Golden Key International Scholar
- Interfaith Hospitality Network